I. Information We Collect
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information includes only your email, which you submit to us through the registration process at the Site.
- Properties you have viewed and saved.
- Appointments you have made and listings you have created
- The searches you made, and where you were last on the site.
- Third party cookies used to target ads to you when you are on other websites
- Website use analysis
The Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser.
II. How We Use And Share Information
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you AND is also given to the listing agent, employees and co-workers that they designate to assist with the sale of the property AND the seller and anyone they designate to administer showings(the ‘Selling Team’). The Selling Team may use the information in any manner and may contact you in conjunction with carrying out business to arrange and conduct showings. Some examples:
- Company may use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
- Selling Team may use Personal Information to contact you regarding your showing and/or solicit feedback about the property.
Being that we are a technology platform, we may share your Personal and/or Non-Personal Information with third party companies and/or agents for the purpose of providing real estate related services.
III. How We Protect Information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
IV. Your Rights Regarding Use Of Personal Information
V. Links To Other Websites
VII. Contact Us
I. Agency for Non-Professionals without an Agent
Using the Sites: HomeCaravan may refuse service, close accounts of any users, and change eligibility requirements at any time at its sole discretion.
If you have setup your account as a Non-professional Buyer, you can elect to add your agent to your account. If you agent is connected to your account, your Personal and Non-Personal information will be shared with your agent. You can change this at any time by logging in and changing your settings under ‘My Account’. Your information will not be shared with other agents for the purpose of having them provide Real Estate Advice and no Agency will be enouraged or promoted.
If you have setup your account as a Non-Professional Buyer and choose to not select an agent, you are acknowledging and authorizing the Company to introduce and connect you with an agent or agents (the “Referred Agents”) to attend showings and give you advice. You are not required to use these agents to represent you in a transaction, however, a licensed agent is required for an in-person tour of a property that is offered for sale or lease, so you must be escorted. You agree to hold HomeCaravan harmless for any advice or services that the Referred Agents provide.
Now that’s out of the way, In using HomeCaravan, you are representing that:
- You have a bonafide interest in the purchase, sale, or lease of real estate OR you are a professional who is conducting business
- You will not copy, redistribute, or retransmit any of the information provided.
- You acknowledge the data and images are owned by the agents who submit them, and the validity of their copyrights.
Professionals who use the Sites agree that they will update their account if their contact information and/or licensing or professional status changes to reflect the change. It is important for sellers and all agents to be able to quickly connect to discuss changes in listing information or the status of appointments and showings.
Adding Clients – We value your business and we have very strict policies and procedures in place to protect you and your client’s agency relationship. When you add your client in the system, this information is only viewable and accessible by you, HomeCaravan employees for administration purposes, and your client. We will not share your client’s information with any other professional or third party with the intent of encouraging them to switch representation with respect to the real estate agency relationship you have established. You and your client may opt at any time to change the nature of your relationship by changing their settings in the system. If your client elects to change realtors, it is within their power, but it will not be at the encouragement of HomeCaravan or its employees.
III. How We May Communicate With You
In providing your contact information, you are expressly authorizing HomeCaravan, its employees, affiliates, and the Selling Team to contact you, regardless if you are on the national Do Not Call list. In using features such as Saved Listings and/or Saved Searches, you are authorizing electronic communications such as emails and/or text messages, for example for alerts of new properties matching your Saved Search.
You agree to indemnify HomeCaravan and hold HomeCaravan harmless for all damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) related to all third party claims, charges, and investigations, caused by (a) your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, (b) any Submissions or information you provide to the Services, and/or (c) any activity in which you engage on the HomeCaravan Sites or using the HomeCaravan Services.
V. Equal Housing Opportunity
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
VI. Text Message / SMS DISCLOSURE:
This SMS Statement Notifications Disclosure “Disclosure” applies to your account with HomeCaravan if you have elected to receive Short Message Service (SMS) messages. As used in this Disclosure,”SMS Statement Notifications” means any SMS (text message) communications from us to you pertaining to your Agreement, including but not limited to showing instructions and appointment confirmations, account information, messages from other participants of the Site promotions, and other marketing messages.
- How To Unsubscribe: You may withdraw your consent to receive SMS Statement Notifications by modifying your account online at www.homecaravan.com. We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive SMS Statement Notifications. Any withdrawal of your consent to use SMS Statement Notifications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal.
- To request additional information regarding text messaging email us at [email protected]
- The services are available on all major carriers. Additional carriers are added as they become available.
- In order to access, view, and retain SMS Notifications that we make available to you, you must have: (1) a SMS−capable mobile phone, (2) an active mobile phone account with a communication service provider; and (3) sufficient storage capacity on your mobile phone.
- All SMS Statement Notifications in electronic format from us to you will be considered “in writing.”
- There is no service fee for SMS Statement Notifications but you are responsible for any and all charges, including but not limited to fees associated with text messaging, imposed by your communications service provider. Other charges may apply. Such charges may include those from your communications service provider. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for sending and receiving text messages. These charges will appear on your phone bill. Message frequency depends on account settings.
- Receipt of each SMS Statement may be delayed or impacted by factor(s) pertaining to your communications service provider(s). We will not be liable for losses or damages arising from any disclosure of account information to third parties, non−delivery, delayed delivery, misdirected delivery or mishandling of, or inaccurate content in, the SMS Statement Notifications sent by us.